This is a place where I plan to share my thoughts on the Gospel of Christ. Of course since I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, that means that my thoughts will primarily be on what most people call Mormonism. That's all right I own up to the fact that Mormonism is an important part of my life, perhaps the most important because is subsumes all other parts.
I've been a Mormon my whole life, a fact for which I'm very thankful. I've always been interested in religion and I've always loved to read. When you combine that interest and love it turns out that I love to read about religion. I'm pretty much willing to read almost anything, within my time constraints, but I have to admit that I mostly read about things concerning the LDS Church. However, I was lucky to be blessed with a wise mother who taught me that it was always alright to learn about other churches and cultures. My mother was a convert so I'm sure that that effected her outlook on life. I'm sure that it's my mothers influence that causes me to be willing to look at the teachings of other religions.
Of course the LDS Church has always taught that it's member should always look for truth wherever they can find it. That is something that I've always appreciated. The real thing that I like about this outlook is that it means that I can find answers to my questions in all the thoughts of Christianity. That's very cool and something that I very much love.
I hope to use this as a place to share my thoughts about topics that mean a lot to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment